#2   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 13:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/227/140 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 18%
Smile

Hi there,
I am also hypertensive, and am on Hydrochlorthiazide and another antihypertensive. I think you are just going to hand on, don't stop taking your pill, and eventually your blood pressure will go down. Don't compare yourself to your husband...for whatever reason, men seems to lose quickly...much more so than women...so please don't beat yourself up over that...don't compare...we are all different.
I know that I was at Doc's last Tuesday...my BP was the lowest it has been for years...with the pills yes, but after losing 19 pounds. He thinks that eventually I may not need the combo of pills, and maybe nothing, but it sure isn't yet. You are on a low dose of HCT...I am on 50...so while it may be affecting your weight loss, it may not also. You could just be losing inches right now...that happens, or your body adjust slowly to whatever you lose....
Hang in there, it works...will work for you...and try to not compare yourself to anyone....and thank goodness we are all different...can you imagine a world with everyone the same...blah!!
Chin up kiddo...you are doing great