#1   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 07:16

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default TDC Lurker coming forward!

Hello to all you warm, friendly people!

I need the extra support from this section of the forum. I have been lurking about here and have enjoyed reading the posts. So now I guess it's time to introduce myself. Here is an excerpt from my first journal entry Jan 2002:

"Well, here I am. I'm back on track after a bit of a journey (adventure??). lol First of all, I know Atkins works, because I started on the plan Mar. 2000 and over the next nine months I lost 76 lbs. Then to my surprize I became pregnant in Jan. 2001. I read about the dangers of ketosis while pregnant and went off into carb mania (some junk) along with good foods. I only gained 26 lbs. in the first six months. I was pleased with this because I was afraid I would blow up even faster because of not lc'ing.

And as if being pregnant was not a big enough change for me, I decided to sell everything I own, quit my job, and move out of my home country to be with my baby's father (my boyfriend). Six weeks after the move I was diagnosed with pre-clampsia and one week later eclampsia when our daughter, Alexandra, decided to come into the world one month early. After 12 hours of labor, an eclamptic seizure, and an emergency c-section, Miss Alexandra arrived perfectly healthy. The week before I delivered Alexandra, I weighed 335 lbs. I had gained back all my weight I had lost and the scary thing is that at the rate I was gaining I could have weighed 8 - 10 lbs. more on the delivery date. Eight weeks later my weight had dropped to 304 lbs, but my blood pressure was still very high (not normal for me at all).

A week and half ago I started the Induction, because I know it works, and I want to feel good again and lower my bp. I just have not felt myself over the past months and I'm hoping find my better self along with lower bp. My clothes are already feeling a little loose and I'll have my bp checked on Jan 24. I'm hoping for results and, yes, I know these things can take time, but I can hope ... can't I? lol

Well, this is my story in a nutshell ..."

I had gotten down to my lowest weight in Sept. 2002 (somewhere below 260 lbs.). I am unsure of the exact weight, because I don't have a scale and only weigh once a month or so, because I am obssessive about the scale. Then something went haywire. I could not get started again for any length of time and I became very angry with myself. I was totally out of control. I gained some weight back and have no idea how much. I was so afraid I would become discouraged and totally give up if I had done a lot of damage. I believe I gained a good portion of weight back.

I have been back now since April 2003. Something just clicked and it has been smooth sailing so far. I am feeling good about this WOL. I know I am going to have to watch my carbs the rest of my life. I just need to stick to this and not get lost in carb madness.

I am hoping that the extra contact here in TDC with help to keep me focused on the big picture (emm, the smaller picture).

Sorry about this being so long ...

Good luck to you all on your journies to health and happiness!
Sponsored Links