View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 21:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Good morning, Leigh,

The dream I had was about low carb being a big lie and all the weight came back overnight! Now that was scarey! lol

At the moment, I'm losing very slowly. I think partly because I've been lazy about planning and recording everything. I know I need to eat more vegetables, but I'm sick of green beans, brocolli and salads.

Have I been on other diets? From a teenager until I turned 50, I think I lost and gained two people, and probably spent enough money on weight watchers to buy a new car. At 50 I decided to hell with it and for the next ten years ate whatever I wanted--and gained 50 lbs.

Felt pretty desperate last summer, because I just knew there was no way I was going back to eating low fat plastic foods and feeling hungry and resentfull all the time, especially when I knew all the weight and more was going to come back. Talk about an excersize in futility!

How did you come to try low carb? I started mostly on a whim, because my niece had lost 40 lbs--never believing it would work for me.

Actually, this WOE feels "normal" to me. The only problem is the inconveniece and constant planning ahead that's annoying. Do you really miss the high carb foods--or is it more the convenience you want on weekends?

When it comes to exercise, I'm the world's worst procrastinator. I know I'd be happy once I got started, so why do I keep saying "tomorrow, next week, soon"? I really need a few friends go with, so that we can push each other when one of us can't be bothered, but I'm surrounded with fellow procrastinators!

judy