View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 08:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 235/220/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:37
Progress: 18%

I also have PTSD and suffer from panic/anxiety disorder.

Zoloft and Paxil are widely used for Panic disorder. They are much different than Prozac or Wellbutrin, regardless of whether they are all SSRI's or not. Prozac can also be used for PD but is not as effective.

I was on Paxil for awhile, but had some severe side effects. Due to my side effects, my doctor did some research and found the the best med for me given my severe Panic Disorder and severe side effects from medication was to go on Prozac (has the least occurance of side effects, most widely tested SSRI) and learn some relaxation and dealing techniques. Should this not work, I will have to start taking diazapam, or something similar.

Paxil and Zoloft are very similar. And they are both very bad in terms of withdrawl symptoms. Dependency is dictated by the drug's "half-life" (the length of time the drug stays in a person's body). The shorter the half-life, the worse the dependency adverse effects. Because Paxil's half-life is 21 hours, it ranks No. 1 in causing dependency. Zoloft follows close behind with a half-life of 26 hours.

Of all the SSRI's, Paxil also has the most evidence of weight gain in patients, Prozac has the most evidence of weight loss.

Not at SSRI's are made equal....