View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 19:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/220/215 Male 6 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Yep, I'm an addict. Thank god for Valium.

After doing some further research, i've come to the conclusion that I am indeed suffering from carb withdrawals. I am a Taco Bell JUNKIE!! I probably used to take in a minimum of 500g carbs per day, and now i'm trying to stay under 20g and its killing me.

I'm a nurse, and I see people withdraw from alcohol and heroin all the time. Granted, their withdrawal is FAR worse, but I can sympathize with them now. I still don't know why we don't let the alcoholics have a beer with each meal or something while they're in the hospital just to keep them from withdrawing...its not like they're going to stop drinking or anything. Oh well, I'm just rambling.

I just hope I start feeling better soon or i'm going to have to start guzzling GatorAde so I can function and not miss any days of work.

I went to work the other night and I had that "pukey" feeling all night. I had a salad with raw spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, chicken, cheese, and low carb dressing, and that was the last thing I ate for over 24 hours due to the severe nausea and headaches that set in afterwards.

Being a nurse, I can't provide the care my patients deserve if I feel sick as hell myself! Please God let it end!