#8   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 09:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/140/120 Female 5:4
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default thank you

thank you all so much for the wonderful advice, it's good to know there are so many nice and caring people outthere!
I hate to say this, but I had to go off this diet. I followed it to the T, and it just wasn't for me. Instead I started upping my veggies alot and working out every day at the gym, with both cardio and strength. I eat five minimeals aday and as many veggies as I want. I keep the protein to 3-4 oz per meal. For some reason this works for me. I allow myself one dessert per day if I want it, no guilt trip. So far I'm having the kind of results I want, no cravings, more energy and no guilt. I'm still in the beginning stages of this, so I don't know where it will take me, but it just made no sense to me that I never lost on atkins, cad, schwarzbein etc ,even after being in deep purple ketosis for over two weeks. I guess I'm weak, because if I don't see any results after that time it doesn't feel right. I will let you all know how it works out, but I'm already down three pounds in my first week of doing this. I never saw results like that on these other diets. Maybe it's just water weight although I doubt since my tom is coming up. Maybe my body is just weird?? wish me luck, and the same to all of you. This weight thing means so much to all of us, I sincerely hope we all succeed in whatever we decide works for us. I hope I still belong in this forum, since I still sort of consider myself a lowcarber.
By the way, I know that my overeating is emotional, so I started going to a meeting which has helped me a lot, I recommend this to anyone. I don't think all obesity can be blamed on insulin, I think some of it, even a small portion has to do with our emotions. At least it does for me. These meetings are a god send and they have taught me that when I take away the longing and pleasure of eating sugary, starchy stuff, I have to replace that hole with something else I can enjoy, or there will be a void and I won't feel fulfilled. Made sense to me, as my binges were really sonething that I looked forward to. Sorry this is so long.....i got carried away. Guess I'm trying to keep that hope alive!