View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Oh Goat Lady...can I ever relate to this. A few months ago I was "stuck" at 165 and whined for weeks that I was stalled and only had 5 pounds to go to reach my goal...

Well, I'm now a whopping 185 because I just didn't do it. I can't really tell you exactly what happened, but it all started with sloppiness because I got so proud of myself too early. That cockiness can bite us in our behinds when we're too busy strutting our new size!!

Anyhow, I'm sure that something inside was working on me...someone said that self-loathing is a great motivator to LOSE, and then when you stop "hating" yourself (close to goal) the motivation slacks off too.

I don't know if any of this applies to you...doesn't matter either way, because my main message is this: whatever you have to do to RE-motivate yourself and finish your project, DO IT. You are not finished yet...you're just close. It is not time for you to start resting on your laurels!!! There's still some more distance to go...

NOT MUCH...that's the good news!! But, still...trust me, this is the tie to readjust your attitude and stay the course!! When you're at goal and two more pounds below, you can slip up now and then!

Best to you,