View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 18:45

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Moderation is the key

I find that for me, saying "no" doesn't work. I either say later to myself and mean it (and usually forget later) or I go ahead and have a little, little being the operative word. I also don't see it as cheating or even getting off track. At all times I am a low-carber and I am following the low-carb (a la TSP) way of life. Sometimes, not often, I eat foods with higher concentrations of carbs in them. But that doesn't mean I have done anything wrong or left my way of life at all.

This attitude has kept me on the low-carb way of life for over 15 months now and I never feel deprived. I can eat anything I want to eat. It all comes down to the real question: what do I CHOOSE to eat? Most of the time I choose to eat true low-carb. But when I don't, I'm fine with it and continue on as a low-caber.

So when I had my hamburger and fries, I was satisfied with just the one time, I chose to eat them. But I never lost my mindset of being a low-carber. And I haven't even thought about them again except as relates to this thread. BTW: The fries were really great!

;-Deb