#8   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 10:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/153.5/120
BF:29
Progress: 16%
Default thanks for the validation

I don't think I'll report it, only because the other guy--the sane, helpful one-- who was there saw the whole thing, and it's his mother's shop. They're all opinionated but never over the top (I didn't even ask!?) like this other guy. I'm mention it to them next time I'm in there. On the one hand I can sympathise with people wanting to share their knowledge, especially if they're passionate about it, but, as all of you said, this was totally the wrong way to go about it.

As for the reflux, I was lucky that dietary changes made a big difference. No tomatos, no spicy foods, no dairy (also good to keep allergies and sinus infections at bay-- I'm a singer) and no eating late at night. I do have a bottle of Prevacid, but I only use one if I've eaten a bad food and been stressed all day or something. Otherwise I'll have a tablespoon of Gaviscon (keep it in the fridge, it tastes better) and that does it for me.

Almost forgot: keep your head elevated at night. Whether using an extra pillow or somehow elevating the head of your bed. When I was first diagnosed I took Prevacid for a month, but after that initial treatment I only "spot treat."