View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 10:37

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Between a rock and a hard place

Hi all. I have been trying different types of low carb since Feb and have lost nothing. In fact, I have gained fat around my abdomen and legs.
I lost 22 lbs on WW last year but stopped because I wasn't getting enough protein and my hair was thinning, etc. The problem is, my body has not readjusted to low carb high fat. I am burning nothing, even with exercise. I am hypothyroid and also on HRT (considering natural solutions to that with progesterone cream). I can't fit into the clothes I did last summer.
I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND AM DESPERATE TO REVERSE THIS!!
I had a carb minibinge last weekend-popcorn, some Ezekial bread. Don't think carbs are the answer, even the non-empty ones, was hungry all day Sat. My ongoing craving is ice cream, not breads and pasta.My problems are these:
1.I get up early and eat around 5:30 AM, have a smaller protein snack at work around 9 (sometimes part of breakfast left over), have lunch and something around 3. Because I start my eating so early I eat too much during the day. When I look at the menus of some people I can't believe they can go on 2 hardboiled eggs and some bacon until lunch.
2. I still want a "dessert" with my lunch. Used to use fruit-so......

I have read South Beach, PP and Atkins, am paralyzed at this point about how to eat. Never turned a ketostick anything but tan during induction.
Thank you for letting me vent and whine, am stressed out about a lot of things in my life right now and want to at least get my eating under control.
E.
Sponsored Links