#1   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/153.5/120
BF:29
Progress: 16%
Default Anti-Atkins fanatic at the health food store

yikes, I was simply browsing the local store, comparing various protein shakes. Settled on Atkins vanilla because it had the lowest carb content, brought it up and was made to suffer a tirade of opinion on Atkins diets, Dr. Atkins himself (a crook, a thief, a liar, and, least graciously, "a dead man"). This particular salesguy is not always there, it's a small family-owned business and I think he is the wacky cousin they feel sorry for and let him work a few shifts. He pushed hard for the other brand I'd been looking at and almost bought. "We only carry Atkins because it sells."

The more regular and sane salesguy looked annoyed, and I don't think he necessarily agreed with the other guy. He is someone who has helped me figure out a few things i.e. treating reflux without meds, and I know he never eats sugar at all. I asked him his opinion and he shrugged and said "the other one tastes better."

Is this anti-Atkins anger common? I'll admit it did give me pause, as heart disease does run in my family, but overall I think he was a wacko and Atkins is safe. I hope!!
Sponsored Links