#9   ^
Old Wed, May-28-03, 05:45
Registered Member

Plan: NHE
Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default EXERCISE???

Oh Gosh!!! I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but that last statement threw me for a loop!!! I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but someone else (a bodybuilder whom I'd JUST met) said something similar...he said, "if you'd just EXERCISE..." gag, cough, choke...ask my family...if he only KNEW...my entire life revolves around my workouts...it is TOP priority...nothing gets in the way! Weight training, floor aerobics, step aerobics, kickboxing, T-tapping, running, interval training, pushing lawnmower for 3 - 4 hours at a time...I've tried it all...I've mixed it up, added more of this, changed that, etc., etc., etc....I've come to the conclusion that I am definately NOT NORMAL! The good news is that when I got a copy of Dr. Atkins NDR, I found that he actually acknowedges metabolic resistance!!! (I've known it all along, but nobody would back me up) Low carb is the ONLY thing that has even made a tiny DENT in my weight...although it has fallen short of where I want to be, but at this point, I'm grateful for anything! Never fear, though, I am probably in the minority. Most "normal" people should be able to take meds and find some way of counter-acting the resulting weight gain. I would never discourage anyone from at least TRYING meds if they're really needed.