#4   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 20:21
Wombat Ashramite

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Morgan,

In Ballard, Pilgrim's Natureway carries the Atkins bread for $4.99 per loaf (expensive, but worth it if you're dying for a sandwich). You can also get low carb candy, cookies, bread and tortillas at Trader Joe's (although they sell quickly, so it's best to go earlier in the day). The bread and tortillas are labeled, "Low Carb Bread" and "Low Carb Tortilla's". Safeway carries the La Tortilla Factory LC tortillas which you can use to make wraps, nachos, burritos, etc.

The best low-carb stock I've seen with the most reasonable prices is in downtown Renton at Minkler's Green Earth (I posted their info in the low-carb yellow pages at right). They carry a full line of Keto products and lots of Atkins stuff. I didn't notice pre-made bread, but they do have some mixes for bread machines. Natureway Health Food store at Northgate Mall has tons of low-carb stuff, but their prices are appalling. It's worth a stock-up trip to Minkler's, but I would call first to find out what they have in stock, since it gets picked-over at times.

I'm interested in the bread that you found. What's the brand and where can I pick some up?

Hope this helps,
Dig