Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:59

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I have become a yo-yo dieter since I gained this weight

Quote:
Was 160 in 1998 - 3 child was five, quit smoking, went to 190, LC'd to 179, gained back plus to 228, LCd to 211, gained back to 226, Weight Watcher to 203, gained back to 216, starved to 213 and started LCing again.

So...in the past 5 years, you've gained and lost quite a bit. This can really confuse your metabolism and your body. This time you may need a great deal of patience to see the pounds come off. You know that you can lose on low carb because you've done it before. Metabolic resistance may have changed because of all the yo-yoing.
If you've only recently come off a starvation type diet, your body may be trying to heal itself before letting go of the pounds. Starving it again through the fat fast might not be a good idea.
How about posting some daily menus so others can take a look and make some suggestions?
You may also be one of those who need to count calories as well as carbs. I did very well with losing at about 1,800 calories (didn't count...that's just the calorie level I naturally gravitate towards) until I had surgery and then my weight went up 12 pounds and refused to come back down again at that level. In the past 2 weeks, I've managed to drop 8 pounds by cutting my calories to 1,400-1,500 a day as well as keeping my carbs under 30 grams.