#10   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/140/120 Female 5:4
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default hunger and cad

I was in exactly the same situation, shannonlea, I was hungry in the afternoon, and then when my rewards meal came I would let go, and then I would crave carbs again two hours later. Besides, I didn't lose any weight..sad, and confusing for me. Anyway, this is what worked for me because I'm never hungry and I started losing for real. I upped my veggies(I hate salads, so I make a two egg omelette in the morning with any veggies that I want, even corn and tomatoes. I bought a little countertop grill, and I grill zucchini, buttersquash, asparagus, tomatoes with a little shredded cheese, I boil cauliflower and then throw it on a frying pan with butterspray(SSSSoooooooooo GGoooodd) and salt, I put that spray and some salt on all my grilled veggies. For lunch, I will have any veggies with a protein(size of your palm), and maybe alittle cottage cheese with splenda for dessert. In the after noon I will have some veggies and a sclie of cheese or hardbioled egg with grilled squash. When ever I'm hungry I try to grab some veggies with a little protein. Dinner, veggies with protein, or a salad, and a dessert if I want it. I try to get the sugarfree creamy jello and have that with a little whipped cream on top. If I get hungry in front of the T.V(You know what I'm talking about, the dangerous time for snacks), I will try some grilled butter squash or cottagecheese, even a cup of strawberries with splenda. (I buy them frozen, put them in a cup, in the microwave till they are juicy and soft. A little whipped ccream on top(the one in the canister) I don't obsess anymore, and there are so many good veggies outthere, you would be really surprised what a treat they are with lots of butterspray and a little salt. Oh, and by the way. I joined a gym, I go every day(hmhm, I try to go every day, and do both cardio and strength. I even like some of the classes(Never thought I would enjoy going to the gym...) I find it really decreases my appetitie, and I can feel that my metabolism has been jumpstarted. Did I mention I feel better than ever? I have been a sugar addict all my life, I developed hypoglycemia because of it, but it's under control now. Anyway, maybe this won't be for you, we're all different, I just figured that Your situation sounded so much like mine...the weightloss and inchloss on this has by far outdone anything Ive ever seen when I did atkins or cad or schwarzbein. But maybe that's just me. I know these diets are working fro so many people, and I am still a lowcarber, but high veggie and five-six small meals a day, and dammit, if i want that dessert i eat it! let me know what you thinK? Best of luck in anything that you do!