View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 15:12

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking What a joke...in a couched way

All I can say is that I feel better than I have ever felt in my life...I have lean body tissue that I didn't know I could ever have on THIS body! I have been on the "diet" for almost two years and am still waiting to put on all that "extra weight" I lost. I am stable and eat whatever I want each day...LOTS of FRUIT and VEGGIES...so, I don't know what this lady is talking about...NOT Atkins, that's for sure. If you want a timed study, look at my stats! Now, just to be fair, I'm on a "paleo" diet; not the classic ATKINS, but it is high protein, low carbohydrate...just like the good Doctor's. I don't eat ANY grains or Milk...don't miss them, at all...have no cravings to go back to the old ways...I don't see this as needing much in the way of "will-power," either. I have NO desire to go back to that old way of eating. I feel so good, why would I want to mess that up with all of that crap i used to eat and feel so lousey with? I went on WW and was on it for three years. Lost a lot of weight and GAINED it all back, and then some, once I couldn't stand it, any longer. Why? 'Cause I still CRAVED the "forbidden fruits" of the diet. Now, I have NO CRAVINGS, so that isn't even a factor. In fact, the food my wife makes for herself, sometimes makes me ill just to smell it and watch her eat it. She's one of those "unconvinced" people who will NEVER be convinced. So is my mom, who just had her first heart attack...even though she has been on a low cholesterol diet for YEARS. SOME PEOPLE WILL NEVER BE CONVINCED. The lady, who wrote this very biased article, is one of them. But, I'm not going to waste my time worrying about these people who ignorantly insist on being stupid. I know how I feel. I know how I look. I know what I can do now, that I couldn't before...like making the 22 year old kid I work with pant and huff trying to keep up with me at work! HA! HA! He actually told me to slow down the other day so he could keep up with me...I just told that story to some ladies from work and they couldn't wait to get out of my classroom (I'm a school teacher during the day and a Home Depot "Garden Guy" at night)...they see me as a zealot...I am...and they don't want to believe that this "diet" works. Why? Because they are addicted to the wrong kinds of food and WON'T give it up, even if it kills them...That's Human nature, I guess. Dr. Atkins had the right idea. He was and is RIGHT. But, being people, we have the right to be stupid and WRONG, if we so choose.