View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 12:29

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Wink Comical fast food orders

I'm finding that choices at fast food restaurants aren't as bad as what I first thought. Come with me in the drive-thru lane to my McD's visit 2 weeks ago...

Annie: Yes, I'd like your dollar double-cheeseburger. Hold the bread and ketchup.
Girl: (long pause, as in "Huh"?)
Annie: Did you hear that order?
Girl: Yeah, uh, I just don't know how to do that.
Annie: Well, can you just make the burger without putting ketchup on it, and hold the bread? I am doing Atkins.
Girl: Uh, I just don't know how to do that...
Annie: That's ok, just give me the dollar cheeseburger and I"ll do it myself.

The second time I went in, I politely spoke with the woman manager and shared my experience. She chuckled and said, "Oh, we get Atkins orders all the time now!" Next time, tell them you want it in a box."
I went further the following time and asked that they put the cheese in the middle, so it doesn't melt into the box. ( I later was told by the manager that when the girl said "I don't know how to do that", she was referring to punching in the order, not excluding the buns.

This weekend, while on vacation, I went to BK. The order-taker said, "You'll need a box with that, a fork and a knife. We get orders for Atkins all the time now."
My mouth dropped to the floor, we exchanged smiles, and she made my day!
Has anyone else had any other comical experiences with orders? Or any ideas for other orders?
Sponsored Links