View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 07:22

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 205/205/130
BF:42%/42%/13%
Progress: 0%

I really appreciate getting these responses from seasoned trained endurance exercisers! I'm training for the Chicago marathon October 12. This is my first time. My mileage isn't real high yet. This Saturday will be my longest run yet- 8 miles. On day 2 of induction, it was horrible. Very quickly into the run, I realized I had nothingh to go on. I hypothesized it was because, I didn't have very much glycogen reserves and my body had not gone in to ketosis yet to utilize fat stores. Now I'm in ketosis, and I've had the longest most enjoyable run to date! Again, I'm a newbie to both Atkin's and running. My run this morning was only 4 miles, but for me that's huge! And, I'm not hungry (although I am about to eat some egg and tuna salad w/mayo).
Since I'm already on day 5 of induction, and feel great, do you think it would be safe to finish out the last 9 days. What do you think is the worst case scenario? I'm not doing anything dangerous, am I?
There used to be a woman on this board, who was running 10 to 12 miles everyday, and at under 20 carbs everydaty. I remember her stats said she was about 95-100 lbs. She always maintained she felt great. I thought if a 100 lbs woman feels good doing this, I, with all my fat stores, should be just fine! LOL!
Sincerely, Lisa
Thank you again, everyone!