#48   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 06:23
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/196/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Hi, Everyone!

Just found this thread and have enjoyed reading all your posts.

I will be 59 in July. Started Atkins in April. Haven't lost anything for 2 weeks, but try not to get concerned. I remind myself that it took 30 years to put the weight on and it won't come off quickly. The weight I have lost so far is what I put on in the last year. I'm at a weight now where I was for years so it will take a while for that to start coming off. I have not "dieted" in years because I got tired of the "yo-yo."

This is probably strange to say but I am on this WOE because of Dr. Atkins death. My daughter mentioned his death to me and said she had been watching the infomercials and was thinking of doing Atkins. It so happened I had one of his old books. She started reading parts to me and I was shocked that he described my health situation and my carb addiction. I knew that this is what I should do. So DD and I are both on it. I gave a copy of Atkins book to DS and DDL and they started Atkins this week. I did not push them, just gave them the book and let them decide.

Another one of the things that convinced me that this WOL is the right one was Atkins description of the history of eating. People survived (without obesity) for 1000's of years on meat, vegetables, fruit, and a few grains. It has only been in the last couple of year, since refined carbs, that obesity has become a problem. I firmly believe that this is the way God intended us to eat. It is healthy!!!

I know that I feel 10 years younger. I can do more physical work in day now than I could in a week before. I can't imagine going back to eating high carbs and feeling tired, weak, short of breath, and aches and pains.

I'm sure that later I will have times of discouragement. This board has already given me a lot of encouragement. It is so nice to know that you are not alone.

Let's all hang in there and keep keepin' on! Let's remember how much healthier we all are and not obsess on the speed of the weight loss.

Later, Barb