View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-26-03, 00:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/258/165
BF:
Progress: 7%

I keep very careful track of everything I eat or drink (I'm the Queen of Forms ). Here's a sample daily menu:

Breakfast:
3 slices bacon
scrambled eggs (2 eggs)
or an omelet with 2 eggs and cheese
(eggs fried in butter)

Lunch:
hamburger patty, fried, grilled or broiled
maybe half my "other" vegetable, i.e. half a sliced tomato with Italian dressing (homemade, 0 carbs, 0 sugars), or sprinkled with cumin and a little olive oil

Dinner:
meat (steak, pork ribs or chicken, usually broiled)
one huge salad with lettuce, tomato, bacon bits, feta cheese, cheddar cheese, ripe olives and dressing (0/0 as above)

For snacks, I have hardboiled or deviled eggs, beef jerky (homemade), leftover meat from the night before. I rarely actually find myself needing a snack... with all that water, who has ROOM for more anything? LOL.

To try to up my carbs, I've identified a few things that I can add, like a slice of Velveeta cheese (has more carbs than cheddar), or cashews or pecans. I know we're not supposed to have nuts on Induction, but I figure at day 12 and drinking all my water, I'm not likely to run into constipation problems if I haven't by now. And I'm desperate! Besides, I like nuts

I'm very limited by my own restricted intake due to severe food aversions. Yes, it's psychological, but there's no help for it. There are five vegetables in this whole world I'll eat, and one of them is corn. *sigh* I don't want to go the "low-carb" products route, because I want to be able to make my own food from whatever's on hand without having to have "special" stuff.