View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 13:56

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

GirlGeek...

I think some of the responses that you've seen are based on experiences with people who have been through this board before saying "I just want to do it my way" and before long are posting things like "Help! I'm not losing" or "Why won't the scale move?" Many of them have left saying that low carb doesn't work without ever having followed any established plan. In reality, it was their version of low carb that didn't work.
If what you're doing is working...great! But if you should happen to hit a stall or plateau, please be open to suggestions from those who have "been there, done that" or have seen lots of posts from others who have.
On a large board like this, you're going to see all sorts of opinions and ideas. Some of them are good. Some of them aren't. Those ideas or suggestions that are downright dangerous (not saying that yours are) are going to get challenged. It's always best to take what you find useful and ignore the rest.
When it comes down to it, nobody can force you to do it their way. They can suggest, they can even insist, but nobody is going to show up on your doorstep and force you to low carb any way other than what you want to do.