View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 235/220/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:37
Progress: 18%
Default Does anyone create their own way of eating?

I am wondering, because I can't follow either protein power or atkins completely to the T, it just doesn't work for me.

I find what works for me is to keep my calories between 1400 and 1900, trying to eat good fats vs. bad fats, trying to keep my protien up, and keeping my net carbs under 30.

If I put any more expectations than that on myself, I"m dooming myself to failure.

DISCLAIMER: This is just MY experience. EVERYPERSON is going to be different, and need different things out of their WOE. Some people may need to be more strict to have this be effective for me. The key here is that we are losing weight, gaining muscle, and feeling better about ourselves. How we get there is our own doing.

I have read many times in these forums where people get very adamant with others regarding 'cheats' etc. Some people are of the opinion that it is absolutely NOT OKAY to EVER eat a carby treat again, to EVER eat a bagel or a peice of bread. Well, if this is what works for you, then that is great. But you can't pretend to think that it will be the same for everybody.

I have lost five pounds in my first week of low-carb. I lost nothing in the first few days and got a bit discouraged, but kept with it and now I see five pounds gone. I am very happy about this! Perhaps it could have been more if I had not eaten any processed meats, or sugar-free chocolate treats, and such. But had I not done that, I wouldn't have made it here at all. THAT's JUST ME. I find that when I have a craving for, say, potato chips, I will have ONE. My craving goes away. That is what works for me. If I have a chocolate craving, I grab some Russel Stovers. See, for me, if I DON"T give in in some way to these cravings, then I will end up in a binge. Last year when I low-carb'd I lost 15 pounds, but denied myself everything, like some people say I should, and I ended up falling hard off the wagon and binging and gained it all back.

So this is my way of doing this. I eat a cheerio or two here and there. And maybe one potato chip twice a week. I eat bavarian smokies and eat sugar-free commercial chocoloate treats. THIS IS WHAT WORKS FOR ME. So PLEEEEAAASSSE don't tell me that I HAVE to do it your way.
Sponsored Links