View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/167/170 Male 68.5"
BF:30%/15%/11%
Progress: 103%
Question Ketosis Question

I have an odd question. I have been following the Atkins diet for about 7 days now. I have been strict with the rules and have been reading food labels with a magnifying glass <lol>.

Here is the question......

About 3 days ago I noticed that the ketosis strips I have purchased and been using started to change to a pinkish color. Yesterday the had turned to a dark purple color. This morning I was suprised to see that the strip was brown, indicating a negative ketosis level. I figured it was no biggy and probably a fluke. I retested a few minutes ago and got the same result. Any clue as to why I suddenly dropped out of ketosis? I reviewed everyting I consumed yesterday, and even looke at all the packages again to make sure I had not "missed" any hidden carbs, and everything seems to be in order.

Has this ever happened to any of you, and if so what might be the cause of this? Should I be concearned? Educated guesses would be most welcome.

BTW.... I'm eating around 1300-1600 calories a day, and drinking enough bottled water to flood a desert<lol>.
Sponsored Links