View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 09:12

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Zandria, I was a sugar junkie! It was really really bad. Then I started Atkins. The carb withdrawals almost killed me. Found out I have Candida. This might be a possibility for you. Candida will cause extreme sugar/carb cravings. I quit Atkins after four months, gaining two pounds on that journey, and have been on SPII for almost three weeks. I have gotten the candida under control, and the sugar cravings are barely noticeable. Occasionally I just have to have chocolate, and so I will have ONE Nestle Treasures (with fudge in the middle ) and that takes care of it. I used to not be able to stop at one of those, most likely I would eat six. I would eat six, drink a glass of milk with it and call it lunch. Yep, I was bad!

I have given up diet soda now, and find that the fruit I can have on SPII is enough to keep me satisfied. I also put a small amount of all fruit spread on my whole wheat toast in the morning, and that is good, too. Hope this helps you! Jump into M1whowaits journal (Liz), she has a link to a candida test at the bottom of her posts. If you think it pertains to you, get back to one of us and we will point you in the right direction!

Good Luck!!!!!

-Denise