View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 14:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I followed Atkins' induction plan for the two weeks (PP wasn't doing it for me, thought I needed something a bit more restrictive).

However, I was NEVER not hungry, though I went into ketosis for the entire time. I really missed my fruit and was always craving something to take its place.

How do you "up your fats" when you've nothing to put them on? I absolutely despise meat fats and will cut off every visible bit, nor do I like anything with a greasy feel. Although I use whipped cream with my fruit, how would you eat this without fruit?

I avoid sweets (other than Splenda in our whipped cream) because, once started, I simply want to continue -- and this goes for Atkins' cheesecake, bars, Splenda candies, etc. I will add these back to my diet after I get my weight back under control, but not before. I also tend to eat too many nuts (pecans! mmmm). I am trying to stay away from Brie and other soft cheeses right now....

And the 5 pounds I lost -- I'm not sure if it was anything more than readjusting my water weight.

Thanks!