View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 10:36

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I am not in the Bay area, but I can attest to LC eating as a cure for acid reflux/chronic heartburn. My symptoms were slowly getting worse, and I was experiencing heartburn pretty much every night, and waking up with horrible acid reflux. I had just purchased a large-size bottle of Pepcid AC to keep by the bed, and was taking a tablet each night before bed when I started Atkins. I took two of the tablets, and the rest of the bottle is still on my bedstand!

But since starting Atkins, I have had NO instances of heartburn or acid reflux. NONE. NADA. My fiance's mother had surgery to correct this problem. If only she had known it could have been avoided by following an LC lifestyle, she may have been spared. From what I understand, the surgery still has not entirely cured her and she has other problems as a result.

No more acid reflux/heartburn has been one of the many unexpected but much appreciated "side effects" of this wonderful WOE. I hope your story gets out, and I hope we have the opportunity to see it nationwide!