View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 08:49

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Gwen,

Yeah people have told me how they were sure they couldn't give up bread (donuts, bagels, tortillas, garlic bread, etc. etc. -- and I agree, they are all ADDICTIVELY wonderful) for anything.

Ironically though, if they push high-carb eating until until resistance becomes something even worse, their eating is going to be a lot more restricted than an LC plan! (Which at maintenance level would allow an 'occasional anything' if it were in a tiny portion. And even on induction there are some seriously yummy foods most low-fat dieters would faint with joy over!)

Ironically, the same people who tell me they could not possibly do without megacarb food, happily hold 'opinions' and sometimes attitudes about MY and others' weight (which by their own rules would be inevitable, and if they had MY insulin resistance would be fast coming to them too!).

Food is a drug. More and more every day I am coming to realize just how true that is and how hopelessly addicted--and either oblivious to that or indifferent to it--most of our entire society is.

PJ