View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (mainly)
Stats: 150/130/123
BF:
Progress: 74%

When I came across the book in January 2000, I was desperate. For the whole of 1999 I was on a 'detox' diet, which was basically all 'whole foods'. I survived on Brown rice, honey, bananas, and lots of whole grain bread! Hardly any protein at all. In that year, I gained 15 lbs. (which is alot when you are 5'2") I was falling asleep straight after dinner every night, and I think I had 3 periods the whole year. It just didn't make sense, I looked and felt terrible, and indeed 'toxic'.

Within 3 months of lowcarbing I'd lost the 15 lbs, and the last 3 years I've lost another 5 and gone from 35% BF to 23%.

The thing that irritates me the most about the nay-sayers (I'm talking so-called professional nutritionists and doctors) of this so called 'diet' is that they have no concept or understanding of the real health implications of the carbohydrate rich pyramid they promote. They close their minds, stick their fingers in their ears and go na-na-na-na-na.

EVERYONE will lose weight by eating this way. AND you MAY benefit in other ways you never thought possible. I would love to get that message out there!