View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 14:51

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Eventually you will be de-programmed about the calories and fat.

Think about it this way. On a typical binge, I would get over 3000 calories per day, maybe more. I've never had the courage to go to Fitday and enter in my sins. On average I get 1500 now. And, yes, that's including the butter, mayo, cheese, and real fat products. If I had been doing a low-cal/low-fat program I would prolly be getting more calories going to a low-carb program, but it's real food, and your body needs it. You have to eat extremely low-calorie and low-fat to counter the added carbs and sugar. Just think about which way of life is more enjoyable. There are so many substitutes and low-carb products on the market. It's like - who needs the refined crap!

Here's a link to a weight maintenance calorie calculator site you might find interesting. I wsa very surprised at how many calories I would have to eat to maintain my current as well as goal weight. Compare those two for yourself.

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html

It's really interesting to talk to someone who's at the beginning of their low-carb journey. I've been at this for years. Only now do I feel as if all the pieces of the puzzle fit.

Keep up the good work!!

Melissa