View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 08:01

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default I don't rotate but...

I don't necessarily rotate between the two, however, I kind of rotate on a day-to-day basis. Sometimes my carbs are under 20, sometimes they are closer to 50. But by varying them within the week, my daily average every week probably comes out between 20-30, which means I am close to induction levels.

I apologize because I didn't check how long you have been doing this, but I have found that now (after almost 5 months) I can tell what my body needs. Some days I eat meat and cheese like it is going out of style. Some days I eat salad morning, noon, and night. It really just depends on what my body is asking for. And the good part is, it is working. I am averaging right around 2 lbs per week. Granted, I have quite a bit of weight to lose, but it is coming off.

If I were to offer advice, and mind you, I am not an expert, I would say don't stress over the exact amount of carbs (remember, stress causes weight gain!) and just eat what you are supposed to. SF candies are okay here and there, but they should not be a part of your daily intake! I really like the approach in Atkins new book, Aktins for Life, because he categorizes foods by eat all the time, eat occassionally, and eat rarely. Seems logical to me.

HTH,

AMY