View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 07:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Choice is what I wante people to have. They can only have choice when they know what they're eating. How hard would it be for McDonalds to put the nutritional info (including ingredients) right on the box ??? If I had known their burgers had MSG, I would have stopped eating there years ago.

People don't know because McDonald's doesn't have to tell them, it is so hard to find out (while in the store), and most importantly because we all expect that French Fries are made with Potatoes, Salt, and Cooking Oil. In fact, they are really using Potatoes, Salt, Shortening, Table Sugar, and Corn Syrup. The last two are not normal ingredients.

Quote:
Originally posted by bacon
i dont car if Mcdonalds goes out of business. However, i do care if they are forced out of business by a lawsuit that essentially takes away our freedom of choice. Mcdonalds may not be healthy, but it is not going to kill me. i guess i am just old fashoned, but i just wish people could look out for themselves. Our country was founded to give us the right to think for ourselves, passing laws (or any successful lawsuits) will essentially force Mcdonalds (or similar companies) out of business - removing choice from the process. that is not the example we should be setting for our children. we should be telling them to think for themselves. they should know what is right or wrong, healthy or unhealthy. - sorry to jump on the soap box, but this stuff really gets to me...