#3   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 06:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Stall?

I feel your pain !!

Until I found these soybite cookies I was in hell over what to 'snack' on. I like a little bisquit with tea after dinner and the cookies are 1.5 carbs each and solid like a cookie and really saved me from that need, flavored with Splenda and does not cause me to 'binge'.
Everyone will tell you your weight loss is great and that a week is not a stall so I will tell you too.
Also the scale lies and tape is the best way etc.
Bottom line is I know what its like to want to lose weight for an event and I think you can do that and also make healthy lifestyle changes-the two are not mutually exclusive.
My guess is it is not the sugar free jello but the whipped cream that is killing you-if you want to drop this weight quickly you have to go on induction-and be strict about the cream. Shakes are OK in induction, and dont worry about all the possible 'stallers'-you could be reduced to meat and butter if you heed all those warnings.
Get on fitday.com and start an account where you track carbs/fat% and calories-these are what you must pay attention to.
Get on a strict exercise program if you havent already-even if you follow Atkins to the letter, you may take some time to get rid of the weight-exercise guarentees weight loss more than any thing, that is why Dr A pushes it in his book at every chance he gets.
Boredom will slam the door on the diet -you have to choose-do you want to lose the weight quickly and stay in induction? Or do you want to add carbs and are willing to lose more slowly?