View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 16:21

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Anxiety and cravings

Hi - I believe in TSP 1 Dr. S says that if you're stressed and a glass of wine helps then by all means have a glass of wine. However she says that one glass may trigger a carb craving so just be aware of that. And if you need a piece of cheese, why not munch on mozzerella sticks with the wine - they are allowed and DR. S seems to recommend moz cheese in quite a few of her recipes. Keep some nuts on hand and have a handful with the wine - I find nuts is one way I can satisfy my hunger with a very little amount. And don't have a "cup" of wine, limit it to a small glass and possibly get the driest kind of wine you can find so the sugar content is low. This way you can have you wine for destressing and you won't do too much damage.

And as you say yourself below "work is quite stressing right now" so this may not be a craving at all - it may be emotional eating - only you can decide. But it is important to take care of yourself and not beat yourself up over this amnd add more stress on top of stress you are already experiencing.