View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 09:29

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 134/132/127
BF:don't wanna know
Progress: 29%

Hey Cinnamo,

Age has nothing to do with this! It's hard, at any age, to admit that our mothers may be mean

I don't believe in keeping close contact with people who make you feel terrible about yourself. You can't pick your relatives, but you can pick your friends!

My 3 sisters are all fairly overweight, and years ago, I was too. They used to harangue me about being chubby, but now that I've been slim for about 8 years, I am the enemy because I am the thin one in the family. Now, my one sister likes to pretend that I was never that overweight to begin with (I was 170, and have a small frame), therefore discounting the 8 months of hard work I spent losing it. Can't win. I've been unfairly branded the 'skinny b&t*h' - and though none will say it to my face, I feel it emanating from their skin while I'm around them! And anything else I do in life I do without any support from them, though I offer it. I choose to spend my time with my friends, not those who wish for me to fail...

Best of luck figuring this out, it's a bumpy road, but remember that you have to be your first priority, and if relatives won't care for your well-being, you have to care for it yourself.