View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 07:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/237/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%

That is nice to get all new things for your kitchen to help yourself have an easier way of getting the food prep done.. I like the ease of using a crock pot.. I used one often when I was working.. and had kids at home wanting to eat the minute I hit the door.. They are very handy..

I have sort of been spoiled in the cooking dept the last 8 years... after I remarried... My husband does all of the cooking.. He used to own a catering business here in Cincinnati. He also does all of the grocery shopping. This has been the major problem with my weight gain.. I know I can't blame it on him... I ate it... But gee how easy it was to eat all of that delicious food put in front of me.. The rest of this story... He has about 50 pounds to lose... so we are in this together...

The way we have approached this is different from the way you descibe. We aren't getting into the measuring and weighing of the food we eat.. We are just eliminating all the "bad" things.. The reasons we picked up all this weight are the real excesses of the bad things.. Oh my, the bread and potatoes and snack foods... We even used to eat BIG bowls of ice cream many evenings.. All of that put the pounds on us... so we have stopped all of those things... and the pounds are already coming off..

We still have our meals cooked and prepared much the same way.. Most meats are grilled outside on the grill.. We have been eating lots of meat, fish and chicken... and salads and a small portion of veggies for evening meals.. But we don't measure anything.. We just know we are eating better than before.. Our thought on this is we didn't want to make eating a chore... we just wanted to make some changes in our choices.. and eat regular food... We now don't eat a bite of anything after our evening meal..

I know the way we have approached this might not be the "right" way but in talking with my husband we felt it had to be a big help and it would work help us to get the weight off...

Basically sticking with it is the big issue... and making things as easy for us all as possible will help us to stick with it, I would think.. As long as the scale is going down.. that is a good thing!