View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 13:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default I call it "My Sunday Dilemna"

A little background: I am married, have 3 great sons (well, usually great, though the 16 year sometimes makes me want to run into fast moving traffic ....they are 24, 19 and 16. Every Sunday for the past 8 years, we have had a "open dinner" for all of our kids friends and various and sundry teens who want to show up. We began this because my oldest son, who was 16 at the time, was vegan (NO animal products, even honey)---he and his friends who were also vegan craved a good homemade vegan meal. So, I opened the doors for all and on Sunday's we had a wonderful time. We are fortuante to have a large home and beautiful, lush and inviting yard. Makes for a blessed day. Anywho, this tradition has morphed, and the meals are for both vegetarians and meat eaters----but it is a huge part of our lives.
Bet you've guessed my dilemna. I am the heart of this venture/tradition. I is VERY difficult for me to pull it off on a LC diet. Last Sunday, I found myself brooding because of my restrictions. I DID eat an LC diet, but I really felt left out of the overall carefree-ness of the day (counting my carbs, being acutely aware of anything that passed the lips). I know that over time, I'll be able to relax a bit more and know more instinctively how many carbs I'm eating.....having said that, I guess bringing this all up might be a moot point! But.....

Now, this is where, if you are a letter-of-the-law-Atkins person, you'll wanna slap my behind. I'm NOT looking for a cheat day. But I am wondering (only wondering---don't get mad at me what would happen to my plan if I ate the CAD (carb addicts diet) plan on Sunday and followed Adkins the rest of the week.

I guess I'm especially wanting to hear from those who may have tried this.

Danke!
Sponsored Links