#7   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 12:39
SanePsychoSuprGodess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/191/115 Female 5' 1"
BF:46%/41%/20%
Progress: 16%
Default Read a book...

Since you have a "?" after Atkins for your program ...I would guess that you haven't read the book. If that's true, please get a copy (I got mine in paperback for $7 at Borders) Then, read it thoroughly. Until then go to atkinscenter.com -- all the information is there.

I think you'll have an easier time with carbo cravings if you follow the instructions for the diet as Dr. A. designed them. From your description, it sounds like you are not eating any vegetables at all. Vegetables add healthy carbs and add variety to your meals. You do need some carbs.

If you are craving something sweet when you find yourself craving carbs, there are lots of low carb options - like SF jello with whipped cream or Italian sodas. I even made myself a crust-less, Splenda pumpkin pie that fits the plan and allowed me to get a sweet at the same time I got a serving of vegetables.

Above all -- don't be so hard on yourself. You CAN do this and having a positive attitude will make it much easier. And believe me, we all have those frustrating feelings from time to time. Best wishes for a great re-start!