Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%
Default Re: stall, stall and stall

Quote:
Originally posted by andreah
Help!!!!!!
I started on Atkins March 1st. Lost 14 pounds in the first 3 weeks and then it started to get tough. I lose 2-3 pounds,gain 2 pounds and it goes on for 4 weeks. Then I go down a little bit and it starts all over again.
My normal daily intake is about 12-15 carbs and around 1250 calories. I tried L-Carnatine etc. and it does not go down.
It is so frustrating to see my weight go up without any reason.
I do not want to take any Xenadrine or whatever, because I react really strong on any kind of medicine.
What can I do to get my weight down instead of up and down.

andreah

Hi!

the same exact thing started with me. I would fluctuate the same 4lbs for the entire week. So you know what I started doing? Using Fitday and looking at the reports (you can see a downward trend even though there is a rollercoaster effect)...and also weighing every morning and then averaging out the week, then subtracting the average from last week's average. It still showed at least 1.5lbs loss per week. Which seems like a bit of a disappointment in comparison to the 3-4lbs per week I was losing when I started...

But the body can't lose weight at that rate for too long before it either stops to take a breather or slows down. In fact, it's healthier and there have been studies that show the slower it takes a person to lose the last weight, the more likely they are to keep it off! Which is more important than losing it, if you ask me.

I did Hydroxycut for about a week, that seemed to speed things up a bit... but it slowed right back down. I'm just accepting the fact that things will be slower from here on out. Probably partly because I only have about 15 lbs until my goal weight.

Also remember if the weight you are currently at was one you were at for a long period of time in life. My body was this weight for over a year and I'm having a hard time getting it to let go!

Good luck!

= Meagan