#21   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/231/175
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Get it out!

Hello!

Listen, if you are having gall pain...you are in misery, and let me tell you the pain will only get worse and never get better! You need to go ahead with getting it out as soon as possible. I JUST had mine done over the weekend and I already feel much better. It is really not a major surgery, and you will be much better off afterwards. I am not sure what negative side effects you have heard, but the ones I have come across are things such as constipation or diareha (sp?) at times, and trial and error with what you can and can not eat for about 6 mo. after the surgery. My doctor says that after 6 mo. my body will be used to the change and I should be able to go back to eating whatever I like.
If I were you, I would go to the General Health Thread in this forum and look for the other threads labeled with something about gallbladders. You will learn alot just reading the tales of some that have had it out for many years or are in the same boat as you are.
Hope this helps, school is important, but when you get a chance, you should take care of the matter before it takes care of you. I did not have a chance to wait, they did mine as emergency surgery and gave me no choice!
Gena