View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 09:10

Plan: CKD (Modified)
Stats: 27%/22%/15% Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thank you for the posts.

I have done the following over the past 6 month to try to deal with the stall and it has not worked. I imagine my tone sounds very frustrated and I am, after doing so much to adjust things and try everything that I could possible come across, I end up heavier that I was 6 month ago. I feel that I should just give up, but I hate to accept that this is the way thing should be.

- cut out all processed foods
- do not use any sugar free bars, candies or shakes
- do not use low carb substitutes (LC pastas, breads, cereal)
- frink 150-200 oz of water
- do not drink any soda or any other beverages other than water (may one diet rite a month)
- take all vitamins (atkins approved)
- do very good amount of exercise both cardio and strengths training around 5 times a week
- have tried going down to 20 carbs (only from good low carb veggies)
- then tried upping carbs as specified in atkins literature
- I do test for ketosis and most of the time I am in ketosis, but no loss but gain lately
- have tried upping calories (thinking it was starvation mode), but gained
- have tried lowering calories (thinking I am eating too much), but no help
- have added more fat in the diet, but keeping carbs at 20, no help
- tried fat fast twice, no help, defiantly get in ketosis, but do not lose weights permanently, as soon as I return to higher calories I gain
- do not eat much cheese (about a table spoon shredded once in a while (once a week) with eggs)

I agree that a piece of toast is more likely to make someone gain weight than a piece of ham ( or any meat), but in my case no matter what I eat, even with restriction of carbs 20 a day, I gain.

Also, if you eat access calories, no matter what they are and even if your carbs are very low (0-20grams) you will still gain weight. Fat does get stored if it is consumed above needed caloric intake even if there are no carbs of insulin. It does not get stored at 100% rate as carbohydrates or at reduced rate as protein, but at a much lower rate, but the fact is it does get stored no matter what if it is axcess.

I know that this dilemma I have is quite an annoyance and you guys are probably tired of me keep posting, but I am extremely frustrated and have read nearly every post on this site (may different forums), but I have not been able to find info on how quickly starvation mode kicks in and how to be able to avoid it. I do think that is what my problem is and I am not willing to give up yet, not after fighting for 6 month and giving everything up.

Any ideas, anyone????
Thank you for your time.