#1   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 08:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 177/175/130
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default My Update

Yesterday was horrible and as the dy ended, the evening got worse. I felt like passing out again. I finally ate a bowl of plain Corn Flakes and felt a little better a couple hours later. I didn't consider it cheating--It was survivial at that point. My husband finally commented on how bad I was looking physically....Like I was 'sick'.....So, Induction was not agreeing with me.
Still not knowing what to do, I decided to play around on Fitday. I put in my 'regular' diet, things I would normally eat. Surprisingly, my calories were 1,496, Carbs 38. More surprising were the %'s. 54% fat/%10 carbs/%37 protein. (Alchohol % was 0) I did this several times with all the foods I eat and it came up fairly consistent.
You can imagine how seeing this startled me. I had asumed that my carbs would be much higher as well as my fat.
Anyway, I have a trace of ketosis this morning but of course I'm up 2 pounds of water. I ovbiously can't physically handle induction. I am going to increase my carbs slowly and use Fitday to help me be aware of what I'm eating.
This forum was extremely helpful. And the Atkins approach has taught me a lot.
Many Thanks To All Of You
Nan
Sponsored Links