#19   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 08:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/152/115 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default More of my Gallstone Saga..

I was 5'4" at the time (I'm 5'5" now) and I went from 225+ to under 135 in about 7 months or so. I've stayed at between 150-160 in the almost eight years since then, most of the time. The lowest I've been since gaining a bit of weight after the big Crash Diet is 142 and the highest is 185, but neither of those weights lasted long. I seem to always come back to around the 155 mark. That's a big part of why I'm doing this WOE..

Here are some things I've noticed sincing losing my gallbladder... my stomach is a little more sensitive, I have mild gallstonish "cramps" from time to time if I eat certain things, and my ability to have a proper BM has degraded. I'm either constipated a lot of time or just the opposite. I go through time periods when extremely high-fiber diets will even things out for awhile, but somehow my body seems to resist the idea of fiber the majority of the time. Some of these things may be due to age, my own body, etc.

Since losing my gallbladder I've found it very easy to lose weight doing low-calorie diets... not that it's necessarily related. I don't like how I feel while I'm doing low-cal, though... tired, hungry, etc. Doing low-carb seems to be affecting me slowly, but I feel way better when I'm doing it. I'm not sure exactly how having a missing gallbladder may or may not be affecting me doing low-carb, but I would love to hear about it from others!