View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 07:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I know how frustrating it can be. Last year I struggled with my sugars the entire year. I had spine surgery in December and now am doing much better on the sugar front.

My doctor was telling me that pain, stress, and any type of infection makes your body pump more steroids and that increases your blood sugar.

I got to the point of eating chicken and broccoli a lot and tons of water. It helped me to lower my sugars to where I could have the surgery.

I think if you checked your blood sugars throughout the day you may see a clue as to what is going on -- make note of how you feel physically, do you have a headache, not feel well, stressed? Check before and then an hour and two after a meal to see how that meal affects you -- if it's a packaged food there could be added sugar in it or added carbs. When I don't feel well my body is so much more sensitive to everything I eat.

If you'd like to post what you are eating that may help us to see something you may not.

You may want to try to eat food in its most natural state and see how that does. By that I mean fresh vegetables and meats, not sausages, bacons or luncheon meats and little to no cheese and see how your body reacts to that.

Also drink lots of water, that helps me a lot.

Let us know how you're doing.

Debi