View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 15:58

Plan: Restart 8/6/18 - 75/20/5
Stats: 196/155.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:Die MF!
Progress: 62%

Roberta,

After reading this thread, it is clear that both Alina and Katana were correcting what was a gross mis-statement of the facts, which is that "It will happen eventually in your first weeeks (sic)" by Belle and "i (sic) bet everyone has given into their cravings" by aznlily68. I, like the both of them (Alina and Katana), have never cheated. And, stating that "everyone" does it is attributing behavior to ME that is false.

aznlily68 even went on to say "Sometimes, when people are at stalls, they cheat and go strictly back to atkins and they lose even more!" This is very misleading (and very anti-Atkins) and an exception rather than a rule. More often than not, if you stay up on these boards, those "cheats" turn into binges. I realize she said "sometimes" but, the implication is that this is "acceptable" which it is not. This kind of rationalization is most harmful to newbies and I am grateful that there are people like Katana and Alina around to represent the Atkins program as it was written.

I support, the gratiously presented, positions of Katana and Alina one hundred percent.

One final correction, "You are adding muscle on at this time.", unless you are exercising, you are not building muscle. Simply eating protein does not build lean muscle mass.

Jones