View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 12:16

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%

Hello again.

I do understand your dilemma now that you have explained a little more.

It is a cruel fact of dieting that we lose 80% of weight in about 20% of the time and the last 20% takes about 80% of the elapsed time!

Your frustration is around the fact that you have for whatever reason..stalled. The problem is that you have more or less concluded that a severe restriction in calorie intake is the only solution.

You say that you upped the calories and gained weight. What did you do to up the calories? The only way that you would gain fat is by increasing carbohydrate. There will be short trerm fluctuations in water weight that may result from a number of sources.

Atkins suggests the fat fast for your situation and that is 1000 calories. When you look at it, it really is not much food at all.

The research from Britain shows that you could do this for a week without any real problem. Most do not get past about day three as it is so deadly dull that you will get sick of the sight of nuts and cream cheese.

BUT... there is another way.. a more healthy way.....burn more calories by greater exercise...Whatever you are doing now double it ....and drink more water.

As far as continuing with Low carb... You really have no choice. Carbohydrate will make you gain weight. An extra slice of ham will not.

Visit the stalls and plateux section of this forum and you will find you are not alone. I went months without losing anything and our stories are similar. I am struggling with the last 25 pounds. I put on 10m pounds in the months leading up to and around Christmas. I don't believe that I ate more than I normally do. It was the festive cakes and the festive drink and the pastries that did me in.