View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 08:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/231/175
BF:
Progress: 23%
Question Gall Bladder Agony

I am back to work today for the first day since my surgery to remove my gall bladder. I went to the ER Sat. night, and was told there was basically there was nothing they could do. I was in so much pain on my way home, that it scared my husband, so he took me to a different ER!!! They ran a mirage of tests to find that it was my gall bladder. I spent Mother's Day in the Hospital and then to top it all off, was given a bad mix of Demerol and some other drug for nausea, and it threw me into respiratory arrest. They called Code Blue and revived me, and I must say, a scare like that makes you happy to be alive!
I feel much better today, 1week after surgery, but I am wondering about my Atkins diet......? Does anyone that has been through this know if it is safe for me to continue on this diet? I am still in the induction phase. I lost 25 pounds in 14 days which was a contributing factor to the collapse of my gall bladder. So....should I continue? I am aware of the eating greasy foods concern....I learned that the night my husband thought it would be nice to treat me to pizza (the toppings only of course!).
Let me know if anyone has any advise! Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links