View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-00, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi, Doreen, all:

I checked out the link you posted in your last message, which led me to the UBC Mood Disorders Centre page:
http://www.psychiatry.ubc.ca/mood/sad/index.html
I haven't had time to look through it yet, but it looks like it has the latest info, including recent publications and more. I've bookmarked it and will look through it carefully later on. So between us, it looks like we're coming up with some pretty good info!

I'm totally stressed at the moment - I told you about being offered an English sessional at UBC for January - it turns out they want me to teach TWO sections. Of course I said yes, but the truth is I'm suffering a crisis of confidence. I've never taught composition, I'm not familiar with the textbook or the pedagogical approach (teaching has changed since I were a young'un, so I can't even rely on my own ancient memories), and I have only a few weeks - over Xmas, no less - to get my ass in gear. I'm also gearing up to start tutoring a distance ed course starting in January, which is much less stress, but still a new factor in my life. Yikes!

I should check out the negative ionizer thing. Do you think it works? I know they were all the rage in the 80's or thereabouts, but I haven't seen any in use since.

St. Lucia sounds like a marvy idea! Make room for me!!!!

10 carbs a day doesn't sound like very much, especially over the long term. Adding some high-fibre green veggies probably can't hurt. I don't like going much under 20 carbs a day, about half of which is from veggies (she said, scanning her food diary). (Is coffee a vegetable? it's a bean!) I'm a slow loser, maybe 3-4 pounds a month, but better slow than not at all, or gaining. I've been drinking a lot more water than I ever used to - trying for the ol' 8 glasses a day. Don't know if it's making me lose weight, but it's for sure making me lose sleep!

Well, take care,
Rachel