View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 08:06
Registered Member

Plan: NHE
Stats: 145/138/120
BF:
Progress: 28%

We do know that too much insulin causes "hormonal hunger," so there's more to high-carbing eating that simple self-control issues. This is explained in detail in Natural Hormone Enhancement, by Rob Faigin. (www.extique.com) I also have a copy of Atkins NDR, but haven't read it cover to cover, so apologies if it is explained in there also.

Since I've been LC ing, my eyes have really been opened on the entire subject of food! There are SO many issues...for me, one of them is other people's expectations! When you eat completely differently from your family (and they don't want any part of what you're doing) it brings to light some of the social aspects of eating, and just how much of life revolves around food! Aside from that, you have to analyze what you're doing when you're alone and why. When you're eliminating pleasure foods, you start to wonder why you think you need them so bad, and then you try to figure out what you can do to replace that gratification.

This is a journey...and sometimes I feel sorry for myself that I can't indulge the way other people can...the old life-isn't-fair syndrome. But on the other hand, I've done some things to be proud of...my metabolic disadvantage has made me a stronger person in many ways...I've made the choice to be thin and healthy rather than indulgent. I've made exercise a solid habit, and that in itself is a tremendous mood drug! For me, running is one of the best...walking works, too, IMHO because rhythmic motion is calming, like a baby is calmed by rocking.