#5   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 07:47

Plan: CKD (Modified)
Stats: 27%/22%/15% Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default Sorry, more info

Good Morning,

I apologize if my post sounded as if I were looking to get into starvation mode or if I gave the impression (by not listing anything in my profile) that I was looking for some unhealthy way to accomplish weight loss.

The reason I am looking for how long it would take to get into starvation mode is because I am afraid that is why I am not able to lose last 20 lb.

I have been at a stall for over 6 month (I have lost pretty good amount on Atkins), but now I can’t get rid off these 20 lbs.

I thought that may be I was in starvation mode and that is why I was not able to lose the weight. I decided to up my calories and see if it helps, well, I gained 10 lbs.

I am so frustrated, I could cry, I have done so for too long, I want to be able to beat this.

I have addressed all the issues commonly present (hidden carbs, water intake, medical conditions, too much protein, not enough fat, exercise) nothing is helping.

Now, I am heavier than I was just 6 month ago and all I was trying to do is lose last 20lbs.

I really do think it has to do with calorie intake, but I honestly can’t figure it out, I try to mix up days of lower calorie and higher calorie to keep from getting into starvation mode.

What I am looking for is any info that would explain how to avoid getting into starvation mode and not gain wait, I just want to lose (not gain).

I have read some of the low carb publications (Atkins, CAD, ProteinPower, Other misc low carb books) and many posts on this board, but have not been able to find any reference on how long (2 days, 3 days, 2 weeks will it take for your body to get into starvation mode, which I want to avoid, since it seams that it is what I happening to my body and as soon as I up my calories I gain).

So what I am thinking of doing is keeping cal lower ( now I do not mean 500 or so but around 1200) or so for a few days, but not long enough to get in starvation mode and then upping it a bit and than back to lower. There must be something I can do to get those pounds off.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding starvation mode avoidance or other helpful info, please post.

I greatly appreciate any help and apologize that I was not very clear in my first post.

Thank you to anyone who will post.