View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 01:48

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Question When will they notice I've lost weight?

This is a difficult question. Those closest to you might notice very quickly, especially if they see you in the nude!

Those who see you everyday may not notice until you've lost 40 or more pounds and started wearing more fitted clothes. For them your change is gradual and they may not recognise it. I have found that at work.

People who you only see once every few months are the people most likely to notice the difference. When I went to see a friend last Easter I had lost around 30 pounds, but she did not notice this. What she did notice was how much fitter I was. This year I had lost a further 20 pounds since I last saw her and she could really see the difference. I've also noticed this from the photos I've taken along the way. So for me, it was nearly 50 pounds before I really saw excellent improvements.

We all tend to dress in baggy clothes to hide our shape and it is having the confidence to dress in more fitted clothes as we lose weight that makes the difference show and hence people are more likely to comment and compliment.